Thursday 4 April 2013

The Purpose

Hi Everyone,

First let me first start by saying, welcome to my blog.

I am creating this blog to capture my journey through my transition to my new smile. The content of this blog is to serve as an educational documentation for anyone who will be having Orthognathic surgery.

So... you may ask, what is Orthognathic surgery? here is a brief description.

Orthognathic surgery (Greek “orthos” means straight and “gnathos” means jaw) is a single or double jaw surgery which is performed to reposition the jaws. During orthognathic surgery a correct jaw alignment and occlusion, as well as, facial harmony is achieved. When the jaws are moved forwards or backwards, up or down, or rotated, the facial soft tissue in the chin, cheeks, lips and tip of the nose move accordingly. Therefore, once the jaws are correctly positioned a harmony between the facial features is acquired which results in a beautiful profile.

So that's pretty much it (in a nut shell) I would elaborate a little more... but this is suppose to be fun too right!?! Plus there are tons of great websites to explain in more technical details :)

Throughout my blog I will be sharing some pretty personal information about myself. I ask this information to remain my privacy, and to only be shared with my permission.

I will touch base on "My Story" who I am, why I decided to proceed with Orthognathic surgery, wisdom teeth extractions, preparations for braces, offer tips and advice while rocking that metal mouth :-D and share some before and after pictures.

I am scheduled for my surgery on April,25th 2013. So I will be documenting my progress from pre-op till recovery for your enjoyment and education. And offer advice while I go through my transition.

So I will leave it at that finale note, and stay tuned for my next blog on "My Story"

Thanks for stopping by
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment